Wednesday, February 07, 2007

huli ka! .... really?

last night, i thought i will make history. i thought i will remember 6 february as my first traffic violation. I just came from the in house tournament in the office, left at 9:00PM. i have this route for home - greenhills-wilson-san juan-erap bridge-home. but i noticed that my right wheel at the back needed some air. i checked on the gas station in the office for some air, but unfortunately it was closed already. so on the way home, i took a little re-routing. instead of turning left going to wilson, i went straight to pass by a gas station.

i was at the intersection of wilson and ortigas, i was following a cargo truck (that was quite long). the light turned green and so i went ahead. there was some traffic in the area, and when the light turned yellow, i was in the middle of the intersection. so i had no choice but to go straight rather than stopping in the middle of the intersection or backing up (i think the former was the wiser thing to do) and then there it was, behold! the blue-uniformed man, who came out of nowhere signaling me to stop! and so i stopped, put down my window and said my most "innocent" "yes sir?" he said that the light was already red and that i beat the light. calmly, i said no and that it turned yellow while i was already in the middle of the intersection, and that i had not much of a choice but to go. he insisted that it was already red, but i stood my ground (at this point, i was actually thinking of who to call if worse comes to worst!) and then he asked for my license. i gave my license to the MMDA but i reiterated that i did not beat the red light. He said that upon confiscation of my license, i will have to pay at Metrobank so i can claim it back. Calmly (i was surprisingly calm! really!!!) i again told him that it turned yellow when i was in the middle of the intersection. He said that i can contest what he thought was my violation. so i replied to him that i will really contest because i was pretty sure of where i stand. so after exchanging our views on the alleged violation, he gave up. he handed me my license back and said to be careful... his exact words were "ingat na lang kayo ma'am, may banggaan na po kasi kanina" and i said thank you sir.

after leaving the "scene of the crime" , i told myself was it really my ability to argue with him that got me off the hook or was it because i was wearing shorts at that time? hehehe! whatever that is, i am sure glad i still didn't make that part of my driving history where i am caught with a traffic violation ;0)

2 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Didi said...

Naks!! :) I would drive away fast when that happens to me!! Hahaha... :)

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger MrsPartyGirl said...

hay naku, the blue-boys are so notorious for making you look like a perp kahit na hindi.

in the past, pag alam kong tama ako, hindi ako talaga nagba-back-off. pag tine-threaten nila ako na magbabayad ng fine (at minsan may seminar pa daw!) hay naku sinasabi ko talaga na handa ako mag-contest. kasi i think, nakakalungkot at nakakahiya man isipin, kotong lang talaga ang habol nila :( pag nagpadala ka sa kanila, talo ka both ways.

(at kahit mali ako, hindi rin ako nagla-"lagay" kinukuha ko talaga ang lisensiya ko sa MMDA office at nagbabayad ng fine kesa mag-lagay sa kanila noh).

well.. sa susunod, sa ibang gas station ka na magpa-hangin para hindi ka na dumaan diyan hehehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home