Tuesday, November 07, 2006

the defensive taufik

i am a self-confessed badminton addict. i am not only hooked to playing the game, but watching it too. lately, i think i can not over-emphasize my "fondness" to taufik hidayat (fondness? i love him! hahaha!) from my computer, celfone wall paper to friendster picture to blog entries, he's definitely there.

this fondness reached a different level. I am now in search of any thing about him, videos of his games, photos, badminton shirts with his name on it ( am a fan!). I also learned that he launched a book on his biography, but was not available in English. (Kuya Jimmi, help on the translation please!) Likewise, in my search, i came across youtube (thanks Carl for the suggestion!) There were some videos of Taufik's games as well as those of other badminton players. However, after looking at all the list, i can't find his Athens Olympics games where Taufik won the Gold. I actually came across ahtat who uploaded many badminton videos. i actually wrote him and inquired about the athens videos, but he has not replied yet (sob) hopefully, he'll respond to my query and hopefully he has those videos.

anyhow, here's a video showing the great defense move of taufik where he defended a smash by cheng hung. according to the commentator, it was "outrageous" and "naughty" ;0)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home