Friday, October 27, 2006

one more time for Taufik

ok ok, i got excited with my previous post, that out of nowhere, i just placed his pics and put some caption on it and a wishful thinking that one day we'll meet. Hay! i am simply charmed by the guy!

My going gaga over Taufik started when i first saw him play in one of the European badminton tournaments (sorry can't remember) He was Indonesian, so i expected that he was really good. (i think badminton is considered the national sports of Indonesia and generally speaking, team Indonesia is always at the top of world badminton rankings) and he didn't disappointment me. from then on, i got hooked with him!

I always make it a point to watch his games, win or lose. The closest thing i ever got to watch him was during the last SEA games which was held in the Philippines. I was actually close to getting his autograph!!! kaso i chicken(ed) out!!! Kainis! si rey kasi ayaw ako samahan magpaka jologs, hehehe!. I was ready to be a fan tlga and was supposed to ask him to sign my shirt (the one i was wearing) but i simply chiken(ed) out! his presence was just too mesmerizing! hay, so i just took his picture when he was saying hi to us! (hay his sweet but killer smile!)

he plays with such smoothness, coolness and suave. He shows no emotion in court while playing, unless he contests a call (he even walked out of a game because of a bad call in the Hongkong Open) and at the end of a game, that is if he wins. (i remembered he cried during the Olympics where he won Gold! i wanted to hug him that time, as if!!!) But he can also be moody in the court. If he's not in the mood to play, he couldn't care less if he lose, but if he's in the mood, he is absolutely at his best (Note that he is still the only badminton player who won the Olympic Gold and World Badminton Championship back to back and he holds the fastest backhand smash! galing tlga ng love ko! aruy!)

anyhow, i didn't limit myself to watching his games (obsession na to!). i searched a couple of info about him. here are some:

Name : Taufik Hidayat
Nickname : Taufik (aka my love, bwahaha!)
Place & date of birth : Bandung, August 10th 1981 (See!!! magkasunod kami ng bday!!!)
Height/weight : 1.76 m/64 kg
Religion : Moslem
Hobby : Travelling and football
Right handed
World Ranking: (as of October) 16th ;(
Status: married (ok lang di ako selosa, joke!!! i am happy for him, hahaha!)

I'll stop the info here. if you want to read his interview, click on this (please pardon my love's (pinanindigan) grammar, he doesn't speak fluent english) link . You can also use google for searching infos about him. He also launched his biography but it's in their native tongue Bahasa(wah! bakit ba German ang pinag aralan kong language!!!) I think for now, i will settle for the autographed picture of him from my Indonesian classmate Jimmi. (Jimmi, you better get that signed picture or else i will smash you back to Indonesia, just kidding kuya!)



Anyhow, this is my little tribute to "my" Taufik Hidayat who never seems to stop captivating me and inspiring me to play badminton.

2 Comments:

At 2:14 AM, Blogger MrsPartyGirl said...

hindi naman obvious na like mo siya, hehe. galingan mo sa badminton, malay mo maka-tunggali mo siya professionally di ba? :)

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger oh captain my captain said...

that'll be the day! naks! wishful thinking tlga! cutie niya di ba? ;0) hindi ko sya like, mahal ko na siya! ;0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home