Wednesday, October 18, 2006

atty. jake padua?

This morning i had a little chat with my boss about a case of a friend (Ms. M). A friend of mine was "kicked out of the office " because of a pending case in one of the MTCs in the metro. I already had a previous discussion about it with Ms M. according to her, the office found out about the case and gave her the option to resign or else be terminated. the office said that she had "misrepresentations", as she did not disclose about the case upon her employment in the office. she said that the case was bogus, and that she was sued because of what she knows about the office she was formerly working for. after her story, we were discussing her options.

I didn't want to speculate on the legal aspects of the case (as i am no laywer) but somehow i had an opinion about it. if she was being "fired" because of her non-disclosure of the case, she can claim that there was no malicious intent when she did not "tick the box", that there was no intent to cheat or not to disclose the said case against her, that it was due to pure carelessness (?) or to brutally put it, katangahang hindi nabanggit.

Second, if indeed she was guilty of something (at least as far as the office policies are concerned about disclosure), she still should have given proper treatment, the due process of law, the opportunity to defend herself on the accusations against her before rendering a judgment on her.

I shared this humble opinion with my boss who is a "legal expert". and he was surprised (tadu yun ah, kala ata eng eng ako, hehehe!) that i gave the exact right legal opinion about the case. he said that i had a lawyer mind (whatever that is!). anyhow, he asked me, actually he convinced me to take up law (no way! baka maging teacher ko pa sya noh! ;0)

I remember my mother and brother telling me that indeed i should take up law, as i always have a way of arguing (with them most of the time, hehehe), They even volunteered to finance my law study, if only i agreed to pursue it. My father even made me take up political science in college as he really wanted me to take up law after. Honestly, when i was a kid, i enjoyed court room shows, (i remember perry mason sa channel 9, gosh, ang tagal na nitong show na to, siyempre wala na siya ngaun noh) and enjoyed reading books that have a court room drama base. I guess one time or another, i have also dreamt of becoming a laywer. but when i heard of the horror stories of law school, (the professors and the demands of the course) i said never mind!!! wala akong balak maLawko ;0) i wanted to be a laywer, but not a law student! my gulay, 4 years ulit ng pag-aaral? not to mention the Bar! no way! masisira social life ko. hehehe!

But it actually tickled my mind. hmmm... ano nga kaya? Law school? Bar? Atty. Jake Padua? Dream on ;0)

2 Comments:

At 4:33 AM, Blogger MrsPartyGirl said...

aba, why not?? :D

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger oh captain my captain said...

ay naku sis, kung pwede lang maging lawyer without being a law student, hehehe! ;0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home