Monday, October 16, 2006

a family affair



it was a much awaited affair for my family, especially for my parents (the excited lolo and lola that they are). after a long time, we were able to "borrow" my niece pia.

we prepared early as we will be picking pia and her mom in antipolo. upon seeing us, pia jumped on me and gave me a big hug. She ran to her Boss Art (this is how she calls her lolo) and Bunso (this is how she calls her lola) and gave them kisses. Then off we go to Tagaytay.

On the road, Pia and I were talking about her subjects in school and how she was fairing. She said that her highest grade was Music (Music? was that even a subject? hehehe! just kidding baby) and her lowest was Math (hahaha! mana sa ninang! I am her godmother by the way)

We reached Tagaytay around lunch time and we went for the buffet at Taal Vista. i really don't usually go for buffets knowing that i have such a small appetite (lugi ako sa bayad noh). Actually we are a family of "small eaters". We were not blessed with big appetites (is that good or bad? ;0)

I started with the pumpkin soup and worked my way around. I tried a little of everything, but after just one round, my stomach was complaining that it can't take no more (heller! wala pa akong dessert, ano ba!?) so i rested for a while and took some pictures of my niece (hoping that after some time, i'll get some room for desserts) pero wala na tlga (argh!!) white flag na ang stomach ko for eating.

So, habang nagpapababa ng kinain, we watched the cultural performers at Taal Vista. They performed various folk dance including that of the Ifugaos (I heard the people from the highlands consider the term Igorot as a pejorative, thus i used Ifugao). The women dancers carried pots while dancing, and as a finale, a woman carried all the pots on her head while dancing gracefully.


look at the number of pots she's carrying on her head.there was absolutely no tricks ( hindi dikit dikit yung pots, eventhough they were, it's still heavy) because the pots were set on her head on the spot! and i thought i was hard-headed, hehehe!

after lunch, we went to go horseback-riding. pia really wanted to ride a horse, but she became afraid when she was about to ride one, baka mahulog daw siya. so she opted for a bike. she pulled me and said that i drive the tri-bike for her. my gulay!!!! it's either, the bike was defective or pia was too heavy as i found it so hard to pedal! after one round, i gave up! hinihingal na ko! magbabadminton na lang ako! ayoko ng bike! ;0) but she had fun going around, there were many kids biking too.

we went home at 3:30 coz we didn't want to tire pia too much as she has an early class the next day. But i was so thankful that this happened, i know how my parents miss their only grandchild and they were absolutely ecstatic about seeing pia again. well, til the next bonding ;0)

1 Comments:

At 4:35 AM, Blogger MrsPartyGirl said...

wow napapa-reminisce tuloy ako about tagaytay... diyan ako kinasal di ba hehehe. i'm glad you had a great bonding event with your family. we all need that once in a while :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home