Monday, October 30, 2006

a little tribute to my mama



My mother and i were never close. i remember having World War III sessions in department stores when we used to shop together (this was during my younger days, now we learned our lesson, we never shop together ;0) and it always seemed that there was this distance between us.

when i was a kid, i remember my mama visiting me at the province. life was hard for my parents then who were both working. they could not afford to bring me to Manila when i was a baby. that's why they had to leave me with my lola in the province. she visited me every now and then. when she was supposed to go back to Manila, i remember my lola had to bring me somewhere else so that i won't see and stop her from leaving.

i went to manila when i had to go to school already. but my mom became a stranger to me. i guess its because we spent many years apart, not to mention the fact that my brother always had the "most favored nation clause".

today is the birthday of my mother and i want pay tribute and tell her things.

to you mama, these are the things i don't' tell you often or that i don't tell you at all, but this is how i feel. i am grateful that you have brought me to life (ikaw pala ang may kasalanan kung bakit may isang pasaway sa mundo, mwah!). i admire you because you were not only the light of our family, but together with papa, you were also our cornerstone. you endured many hours at work and less with us because you wanted us to be financially stable. you endured many heartaches, (some of which i was personally responsible for, and for that i am TRULY sorry), but you never gave up and just kept on going. i admire your strength and faith in God, you taught me to go back to Him, and to always trust in Him during my most difficult times. You have always wanted to shelter me and kuya's life from any harm, but it's just that there are lessons in life we need to learn by ourselves.

i know we may never "recover" the lost times, we may never be really close the way i wish we could/would be, we may still disagree with a lot of things, you may not seem to say the right words to me whenever i seek your advice, you may favor kuya more than you favor me, we may still not understand each other, but i love you no less.

Happy birthday mama! Mahal na mahal kita!

2 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger MrsPartyGirl said...

ang sweet naman!

(btw, akala ko kaya kayo estranged dahil masama ang loob mo at pinangalanan ka niyang ******* :D)

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger oh captain my captain said...

hahaha! actually tatay ko nagbigay ng pangalan ko na ****** si mama, gusto niya vanessa ang name ko. Mas lalong di bagay noh? ;0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home