Friday, April 20, 2007

curly club/cult ;0)

it started with simple "kantiyawan" among the girls in the office... but some did try and then it went on and on and on ;0)

two of my office mates leikhs and acoi started it all. they had their hair permed. they said it was out of the blue. a visit to the parlor, i suddent thought and voila... curls curls curls!!! ;0)

i used to put my hair in a bun, simply because i don't have anything to do with my hair and i don't have the time to style in and put on a hairdo. after releasing the bun, wave are formed on my hair. acoi noticed that it looked good and she convinced me to have it permed. I had long straight hair when i was a kid (i have to thank my late lola for treating my hair every week, as in every week with coconut oil). but then my father wanted me to have curly hair, and so he made me a model of Wella (this is the popular curling chemical during my younger days) and had me permed for like 4 times!!! after that nagtampo na ang buhok ko. it developed waves wherever it felt like growing waves. the strands of my hair were like at war with each other, because they hate being side by side together. in short, my hair was "buhaghag" as they term in.

in my lifetime, i have had my hair straigthen for like 3 times. i never bought the idea of rebonding because i think this is too harsh for the hair. the last relax i have for my hair was last year, and i just think it is too high maintenance for me (tamad tlga ako mag ayos!)

and so my officemates convinced me to try the digital perming. and so one day, after a lot of contemplation, i joined the cult, i mean the club. ;) i was actually nervous because i didn't know what to expect, and i just can't have any idea how it will look like. but after i saw the result, i simply love it!!! not to mention the fact that i don't have to comb it every now and then. i also don't have that heavy feeling on my head after taking a bath. (i used to have this feeling when i had my hair relaxed). I do my hair in no time and without exerting any effort ;0)

after seeing my curls, two my officemates were "inspired" to join the club.. and then the official count was 7 permed girls! the curl varied from one lady to another, and the best part of it is it suited each of the ladies. so here we are, all the curly girls in the office.... some are naturally curled and the others have to thank technology for their curls. nonetheless, we love our curls! ;0)

3 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger MrsPartyGirl said...

hey, you look great! :)

question: what exactly is "digital perming"? :P ang alam ko lang dati yung pink na parang rollers na may goma na nilalagyan ng mabahong chemical na kulay puti hehehe.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger oh captain my captain said...

hahaha! naging model din ako nyang pink rollers na yan for a time when i was a kid ;0)

the rollers now are big and they are black. each roller is plugged to a heater (yes, each roller! mukha tuloy akong si valentina sa dami ng wires sa ulo ko) they heat it up for 5 minutes and let it cool down for 3. this is repeated around 4 times. the heater has a built in digital clock (i think kaya sya tinawang na digital perming) for timing. at ang chemical na nilalagay ngayon mas nose-friendly na ;0)

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Dyes said...

why does it remind me of marimar??? hmmmm....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home