Monday, October 29, 2007

SM advantage card

i'm not sure when SM introduced this point system called the advantage card where a shopper earn points for purchases in SM and other affiliated stores. Later on, these earned points may be used for purchases. before this blog, i don't have this card. Everytime i did a purchase in SM/Watson, the cashier always asks me if i have this card, and of course i replied with "nope, i don't have that", and the cashier always gave me that odd look as if to tell me "Huh? wala kang advantage card?" I asked myself, "is there something wrong with me because i don't have that card?!? Everybody seems to have that card, and i don't! so what's wrong with that?!?" (i really have this tendency to be a little bit "non-conformist" to many "fabs and trends" read as: May pagka autistic ako)

My shopping buddies told me that the point system of this advantage card really works, and that they were able to make some purchases without shelling out any cash. So last Friday, as i was wandering the corners of Megamall (while having a bandage on my left foot! pasaway talaga oh! - subject of another entry), i purchased a belt, and when i was at the cashier, i was asked that golden question again about the card, and again my reply was "nope, i don't have that". however, this time, i followed it up with a question "how do i get one?" (wow! following the mainstream!) the cashier patiently explained how i can get my own card. it's quite simple actually, all i have to do is pay P150 for the card and fill out an application form which i will need to submit to the information counter. after one month, i can get my own personalized card. geeze, no sweat! so i paid for the card and the cashier gave me a temporary card and an application form. The cashier told me that i can use the temporary card for my purchase so i can start earning points already. ( i have not filled out the application form though)

so there you go, the next time the cashier asks me if i have an advantage card, i will say "yes, i have!" proudly! hehehe! ;0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home